Holly Madison Is Looking for Her Soul Mate

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2011/news/110411/holly-madison-240.jpgHolly Madison isn't dwelling on her split earlier this month from beau Jack Barakat.

The Holly's World star and Peepshow Las Vegas dancer has her head buried in work: Her Vegas-themed book, The Showgirl Next Door, hits shelves April 15. On top of which, she's working as Extra's Sin City entertainment correspondent.

But that doesn't mean she's stopped searching for Mr. Right.

"I would love to meet my soul mate," Madison, 32, told PEOPLE Wednesday. "I'm always kind of keeping my eyes open for somebody."

Based on prior experiences, Madison believes finding the one will be challenging. "It's hard for me," the reality starlet says, referring to her rigorous work schedule. "The last couple relationships I had were long distance, [and] it's not like I can make much of an effort to travel and see anybody. The guy had to do all the work, unfortunately."

So, how can a guy meet Madison's standards?

"It definitely takes a guy who is secure and not overprotective and doesn't feel threatened by a successful woman," she explains. "He needs to be patient and somebody who knows where he wants the relationship to go."

For now, Madison is getting by just fine going solo.

"I'm happy single, but I'm happy in both cases," she says when asked if she prefers being single or taken. "I feel like I definitely thrive more as a human and I'm more successful when I'm single."

As for Madison's past dating life, it can be relived on E!'s True Hollywood Story: Holly Madison, which premieres March 30 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT, and features interviews with her ex, Hugh Hefner, and former Girls Next Door housemates Kendra Wilkinson and Bridget Marquardt. 

Credit: PEOPLE (Dahvi Shira)